Friday, January 6, 2012

You Can Call Me Midge

Being  Barbie's friend is not all that bad.

It's being Barbie that's the real pain in the rear. You have to be polite, wear make up, and smile at people you strongly dislike. Your hair must look good and your waist must be kept a certain size at all time.
You get labeled by bitter, unhappy women who spend their meetings and lunch time wanting to judge others because, well... because they're are bitter and unhappy.
She sure is purty!


As for me, I'm good. They have disliked me for a long time. I'm Barbie's friend, Midge. She wears an off -in-the-distance glare, has a recurring date with bad hair, gets knocked up by an unknown doll and she has freckles. Coincidence? I don't think so. God and Mattel have a sense of humor.


pregnant midge
Midge, my fertile hero!
Bad Hair + Freckles = Minnie Me

In my research for this blog, I first found out Barbie had friends, and that alone was shocking. The second shocker was that Midge was the first pregnant barbie doll, therefore I love this chick.

So for all those who work in a place where grown ups forget they are grown ups and still have cliques, do not fret. Be it Barbie or Midge, roll with whatever silly name they give you, because if they are talking about you they are probably inadequate in some area of their life and lack heart, and in secret may wish they were a Barbie or Midge.



That's more like it...

1 comment:

  1. Dammmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! LOL! #thefreckledonestrikesagain

    ReplyDelete