Thursday, January 12, 2012

I Prefer Diana Prince, but Super-Woman Will Do

Looks just like me!




Today I was called brave.

"You are so brave. I couldn't imagine doing this all by myself and then the idea of raising a child alone. You are so brave. I think it is amazing."

I was so stunned I just stood there, because of all the things I've been called and all the emotions I have felt, brave/bravery has never been one of them.


It really never dawned on me that this journey could or would be considered brave.

I don't find it courageous to go after what I want.
I don't find it daring to follow your heart’s desire.
I’ve always thought it was me just being stubborn.



 

It seems natural to want to love a child.
It seems natural to want to bring a child into the world.
It seems natural to work on making the world better for them as they grow up.  
It seems like my calling.

I really hope God and I are on the same page.


Now she's brave!

No comments:

Post a Comment