Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happily Ever What???

Yesterday I attended Bridal Extravaganza.

Afterwards, I went to bed at 8:30.

It was not nearly as bad as I had heard, however I picked up on a lot.

At first I was sad, because here were all these women who had found their soul mates, life partners, love of their lives, and here I was walking around hoping and praying that I'm knocked up by a Russian/Irish lawyer I will never meet.
 

BUT THEN...the day took a turn.


As I stood in lines, listening and watching people I realized most of these brides are no where near being grateful. They have forgotten that someone has chosen them to spend the rest of their life with. Some of these brides were so consumed with what others may think they forgot it was a celebratory occasion for them, the one they love and all those who have watched their relationship develop.

Clearly, love is blind.   



The sweetest discovery I made was that it doesn't matter how old you are, everyone still wants to be a princess. One of the bridal places has a princess line of wedding dresses. Women of all ages and sizes were mesmerized by this line and oooohhed and ahhhhhed over the princess dresses.


Belle from the Princess line



I thought, "Wow no matter how Bridezilla-ish these women can be, there's a little girl inside all of us." And that made me think Happily Ever After, whether our Prince has found us or his GPS is broken, can't be stopped.

 Maybe, just maybe, my Prince hasn't arrived yet but will come to me in a different way...and call me mommy.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment