Monday, January 23, 2012

Turn On The Blinker...I'm Changing Lanes

When we get bad news we all react in different ways.
 After discovering that I was not pregnant and the IUI did not work, I left town.

One of the best prescriptions for a tattered heart or emotional let down is a quick get away.
Just a little 24 hour trip will do just fine.
This is not a romantic get away either. This is one with friends who know you well.
The kind of friends who have seen you in a bathing suit when you haven't shaved your legs since before the Christmas tree came out, and they don't blink an eye.
They make fun of you of course, but they do not blink while saying it.

I took a trip with two friends who are both experts in business and travel. They are great to travel with because it is their natural instinct to take charge and deal with the public. I on the other hand just become a follower on these trips.

It is just what I needed.

We laughed so much at life in general and at silly things, like our own fears. For example, as much as I love shopping there, IKEA worries me and causes me to be uneasy, but this shall be another blog.

See what I mean.

The theme of the weekend was "No schedule. Nothing preplanned. And let's find LiLu a new donor."

When you have friends who take your biggest problem and turn it into a constant joke every where you go, you know you are in good company.

As for my return to reality today, well I'm now looking forward to starting over with saving money, applying for a fertility grant, and hoping by Summer time I will have enough saved for the IVF  procedure.

My adventure continues...

1 comment: