Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Those Lights Sure Did Go Out In Georgia

My intentions were to log funny quotes on our road trip to North Carolina. It started off going very well, but then we hit Georgia. 

You see, I decided to do something crazy for my 47th year on Earth, and so I stepped out of my comfort zone. I applied for a teaching job in North Carolina, packed up everything, and moved here in mid July. With my momma, my pup, my uncle, two cousins, their border collie, Jethro, and Granny (just kidding about the last two) we hit the road to the East coast. 

Where I get my courage to step out of my comfort zone

The first 24 hours went just fine. My mother and I laughed so much with each other and at each other.  My sweet 10 month old pup did great. I swear she is like a baby, you put her in the car for more than 15 minutes and she passes out asleep. 
And not on drugs
Now I could sit here and whine and cry about how my alternator and battery died on me on a Friday night somewhere in Georgia, where everything is closed at 7pm, but instead I'm going to tell you how blessed I am.


You know the song


I'm going to tell you how blessed I am that I had a momma with me who remained calm but bossy.

I'm going to tell you how Jesus still loves me even though I curse…a lot.

I am going to tell you how three adults, two kids, and two dogs piled into my uncle's truck and literally with prayers got to North Carolina at 1 am in a terrible rain storm with torn up windshield wipers. 
"Poodle" the Border Collie 

I am going to tell you how wonderful my life long friends handled the stress of the worst moving company and me with my "awesome" car luck.

My biggest blessings of all
I am going to tell you how much I have laughed these last 11 days, and I do not regret a moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment