Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Bippity Boppity Boo




She has been my mother's best friend for 37 years and is one of the most amazing women who helped make me the woman I am today. 

My Aunt Linda taught me the beauty of raw cookie dough, finger foods for dinner, acting like a lady, the "just right time" to use the F word (still struggling with that one) and not letting a bad boss define you. 

She held my hand when I went to the fertility doctors to try and have children. She was there guiding me through adoption classes and when I had to quit because of the diagnosis. She held my hand and my mother's as the three of us sat in the doctor's office and we got the news of the cancer. 
Aunt Linda has been my source of strength and my mother's "sister" through good and bad times. I just wanted another audience to know how wonderful she is and how thankful I am for her and her love.


If you have a woman in your life like her, then thank them, tell them and share your story with the world. 
Love one another. 
Respect one another. 

Lift one another.

"This is my Hairy Dogfather…I mean Fairy Godmother."

No comments:

Post a Comment