Sunday, August 21, 2011

Waterfalls, Toilets, and Reality...OH MY!

Waterfalls...beautiful tranquil waterfalls what a lovely dream. Oh wait, that's my toilet tank running not a waterfall. What a disappointment to wake up from a lovely sounding dream to the reality of your toilet water running. IF ONLY. The true reality was when I woke up from my beautiful waterfall dream and got out of bed to jiggle the toilet handle, my toilet tank had busted and had been flooding my bathroom, bedroom, and 3/4 of my downstairs for hours. That's right... my house had apparently been flooding for a couple of hours while I dreamt of tranquil waterfalls...so much for the benefits of being a heavy sleeper.

So here are a few things I learned:

1.) Blessings, sometimes, have to be found w/a fine tooth comb. Thank God I was home when this happened to save my dog and pictures.

2.) Family pictures become your most important possession at 3am

3.) I have some very amazing and selfless friends in my life - my friends have checked on me every day (a simple text message goes a long way), helped me work on a Saturday, offered me their homes, and some have even offered to take care of the Corgi.

4.) Only I could have a flood during a Texas drought!

5.) Where & how to turn off my main water line

No comments:

Post a Comment