Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's The End of Summer

It's the end of summer which is bitter sweet. I love getting to wake up when I want, go for walks or bicycle rides, then actually get to enjoy and digest my breakfast right before I play with The Corgi for hours. On the flip side, I love the school year too...having a routine to stick to and I get so excited about listening, talking to, and motivating preteens and teens all day. Yes, I actually wake up every day and I love going to work. I use to play school all the time as a child, and when I start reflecting on my childhood (in blogs to come)you will see why I spent days in a fantasy land as a teacher. It sounds corny when the actors and actresses say it, but "I can't believe I get paid to do what I love!" This year will be a little different, b/c for the first time dealing with my career, I am putting myself first instead of it. I'm focusing on my personal life as a 'mother in waiting'. I have spent plenty of years helping raise or screw up other people's kids (i.e. students) and now I want one of my own to mess up and make mistakes with. This truly will be a challenge for me, who considers herself very dedicated to her students and career, but I'm ready...so as they say in the infertility blogs and facebook pages...BRING ON THE BABY DUST!

1 comment:

  1. Everyone listens to 50 Cent when they are riding around with their baby daddy in the passenger seats;) It's law.

    Also...you should go to www.thesitsgirls.com . It's a fab blogging community!

    ReplyDelete