Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lil Wayne + Moo Goo Gai Pan = a 'showty' with indigestion

When I was young my generation had 'Candid Camera', and this generation has 'Punked'. Sometimes I feel like I am getting 'punked'. Tonight was a great example. I eat Chinese food maybe 3 times a year and tonight was one of those nights, but I'm pretty sure Ashton K was with friends in the kitchen watching my mother and my reactions to the staff. (I know. I'm not famous, but still the thought crosses my mind when oddball events occur.) My mother and I met for dinner at one of the few Chinese restaurants I like to eat at,  and we were literally the only customers in the entire restaurant. Our waiter stayed on the phone, while we waited for 25 minutes for our appetizers. The hostess sat at the sushi bar and balanced her checkbook. The 3rd employee hung out behind the sushi bar talking to the chick balancing her checkbook. Every one was dressed for mid day college wear, and as my mother and I waited and waited and waited we realized that they were enjoying some Lil Wayne in the restaurant.

Now call me crazy, but here are my music rules for restaurants.
Italian restaurant = Italian music
BBQ restaurant = country music
Mexican restaurant = Mexican music
AND... Chinese restaurant = Chinese music

No comments:

Post a Comment