Sunday, January 5, 2014

Marilyn's Face Says It For Me


I wanted my first blog of the New Year to be funny, inspiring, and meaningful. You know... life changing. However, I have nothing nice to say. Well, I probably do, but the transition I'm going through right now is making my funny, inspiring, meaningful and life changing words a bit arduous to group together. So, I'm going to do the next best thing and quote some of the funniest, most inspiring, meaningful, and yes life changing (good or bad) words I've heard recently.


"Even Jesus rested."

"Satan and The Ego is the same thing." 

"Interesting stories never come from people who had it easy."

"Every lifeguard knows a man can't be saved until he stops trying to save himself."

"So do you have any boob left?"










"There are two kinds of fruit: fruit of the spirit (peace, joy, love, generosity, self control) and the fruit of evil (suffering, fear, revenge, selfish, judgmental)."

"Sometimes our problems seem to be as big as the shadows but usually turn out to be really quite little."

"What if the only resolution you made was to love yourself more?"

"We can use your belly fat for your new breast if that is necessary."

"Well, hello, Ms. Cancer Free."









"Your cancer was more aggressive than we thought."

"Get a prayer chair."

"You can judge a tree by the fruit that it bares."

"Her cancer isn't that serious a prognosis. I'm hearing about it. Why do I need to call her?"









"God wants you to solely depend on him. He just wants to trust you with what you have- and then it all comes together."

"We wear the ruby slippers all the time. We just forget to look down and see them."

"Grits and Grace...the two things you get on the side that you never have to ask for."

"What you accept is all you'll ever get!"











   "Dear God, thank you for being there when nobody else was."





We made it to another year, another day that is at least one thing I know we should all be inspired by.




2 comments:

  1. I dare you to tell who said "her prognosis isn't that serious!" I would bitch slap them so hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let her deal with her own words when Karma makes a come back. ;)

      Delete