Monday, December 16, 2013

Why Do People Run?


I have over said on many occasions, "The only way you'll see me run is if there is a knife yielding clown chasing me." I've never understood the method of running for fun, and yet I've always wanted to participate in a marathon. I feel by not doing so I'm missing out on some cool clique. The portion in 'Forrest Gump' where he just runs and runs and suddenly jogging is a fad fascinated me because I completely understood the mind set Forrest had...why?

Also, on many occasions,  I've begun the preparation part for marathon training, but I always get so involved in the special tennis shoe shopping, I end up forgetting what I was at Academy for in the first place. 
I do however walk. 
I love walking. 
Walking is such a relief. 
It is an outlet. 
Escaping the scene is a great feeling, ohhhhhh, so I guess I understand a little more now. 


People run all the time, and they run everywhere. 

We run to the store.
We run up the street for a minute.
We run when we see others running. (Common sense of course)
We run when they tell us they love us.
We run over to the neighbors real quick.
We run when we want to hit something.
We run when they want to hit us. 
We run when you tell us we're going to be a daddy.
We run when you tell us we still owe you money.
We run when we are scared.
We run to help. 
We run towards a sale.
We run when you are scared.
We run when someone we care about is sick. 

I can't run this time. Shoot. I can't even walk away.
I have to stay here and fight. 
Y'all have a nice trip now...you hear? 

No comments:

Post a Comment