Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Day From Hell or Heaven?

Trying to stay motivated, I have been saying a certain mantra or prayer that I got from Joel Osteen's latest book. Basically it says, "Look God, no matter what I am going to stay happy and positive today, no matter what. No really I am."
I'm on day 2 of reciting this, and boy is he giving me a workout.

My day started at 3:30 a.m. with a random text message.
My day continued with 3 kids in my room by 8:30 a.m. distraught over the threat of a classmate committing suicide.
My day continued with the emotional roller coaster and counselors helping us deal with this.
My day continued with another student and their parents begging for help because of the child's night terrors.
My day continued with finding out the work I have been sweating over for the past two weeks is a total waste of time.
My day continued with me making mental pictures of cursing out people who do not work in the classroom but are bound and determined to tell me how to do my job.
My day continued with me wondering why some other parents get to have kids, not one but two, who they take to mental hospitals because they 'don't want to have to deal with them for an entire week at spring break.'
My day continued with a counselor who doesn't know how to listen.



My day continued when I realized how awesome God is, because I was suppose to be at a meeting all day with those people who no longer work in classrooms, but instead he kept me at school this morning where my 3 kids were able to find me, show me the 'goodbye letters' they received from a mutual friend and the parents I was able to see who couldn't stop crying from gratitude and fear.
My day continued when one of those students came up to me and thanked me for being me.
My day continued when I applied for another job.
My day continued when I came home and got a great welcoming by a donkey.
My day continued when I realized a walk will do me just as much good as a bottle of liquor and a pack of cigarettes.
My day continued when I thought sitting on this couch and staring at the wall is all I have left in me to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment