Friday, February 3, 2012

David Bowie vs. Miss Landers

I loved it when Miss Landers and the class were a part of a scene from "Leave it to Beaver." Seeing her in those campy reruns confirmed my calling to be a teacher. I wanted to dress like her, write so neatly on the chalkboard like her, and answer children's questions with that soothing monotone voice like her.

Yeah...well anyway...


My television teacher role model.


You know it is time for a change when a child walks up to you on a Friday morning, and says, "You're not happy here are you?"

I've always known that I wanted to be a teacher. I use to say, "If I ever won the lottery I would not stop working." I can no longer utter those ridiculous words.

I'm truly tired of raising other people's kids for 9 months out of a year.
Maybe I'm bitter because I want my own children and have not had them yet.
Maybe I'm bored because every year it's the same urban/ghetto fabulous mentality when they really are not ghetto, but for some reason they want to be???
Maybe I'm so disappointed in my 'leaders' I feel like I'm working alone. Oh wait. I am working alone.
Maybe, just maybe, I'm done with giving my all to my career, and want to give my all to myself.

Selfish? Maybe. Possibly. Probably...but if wealthy business men and women can be selfish in their day to day careers that have no impact on the children of today, why can't I (at least for a little while)?



Musician or Successful Zombie? You decide.
So in the wise words of David Bowie or whoever wrote the song, I leave you with this....

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through."

No comments:

Post a Comment