Friday, December 30, 2011

The first 42...

These are my 42 truths, one for every year of discovery...so far.



1. Dogs are an unbelievable source of comfort and company.
2. People tell you their problems because they do want to hear your feedback...eventually.
3. Not everyone is honest & lies will be said about you.
4. Attractive looks will get our attention, but the beauty on the inside is what makes us stick around.
5. Feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin & smelling chlorine for the first time after winter is like an awakening.
6. Food does not heal you.
7. Food can make you feel healed.
I am healed!

  8.  Humor is an absolute necessity with all things.
 9.  God/Higher Power does exist.
10. Forgiving myself is one of the hardest things to do.
11. Forgiving others is one of the easiest things to do.
12. Being selfish is sometimes required.
13. Having a drink, a cigarette and a trustworthy friend to talk with is the cheapest form of therapy.
14. Cigarettes have hurt a lot of my loved ones.

Therapy Session.


15. Cancer is the bitch I want to beat up in a dark alley.
16. Reading a great book on the beach or in bed is a marvelous way to vacation.
17. Sometimes nothing feels as good as words that begin with the letter 'F'.
18. Growing up with an Italian family makes you have a sense of humor and a few addictions.
19. Conceiving a child is a lot harder in the real world and a lot easier in high school.
20. Acts of kindness go a long way.
21. Sex is a wonderful experience that should be enjoyed and expressed but not abused.
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.


22. Hugs feel great! (Especially from children)
23. Dancing & singing is a great release. Dancing & singing with queens is just down right fun.
24. Taking and keeping pictures of people and events are a great gift for many generations.
25. What you do is far more effective that what you say you were going to do.
26. Listening is more important than talking.
27  My parents loved/love me, and I loved/love them.
28. My grandparents worshipped me, and I worshipped them.

 "Lisa Michelle, I swear, you are something else."
29. Being born a female is awesome.
30. Getting dirty, whether it's gardening or cleaning salmon on the Kenai River is a great way to release tension and stress.
31. Every "girly" female should own at least a few tubes of red lipstick, pearl accessories, and lots of high heels.
32. Everyone should experience living alone or traveling alone.
33. Following your heart over your head is truly living.
34. Etiquette classes should be a semester requirement for all middle school and high school students.
35. Being told, "I love you" and telling my family every single day that I love them DOES still mean something.

The perfect shoe!
36. Having attended more funerals than weddings, I've never heard how much money they made or what they drove, in the eulogy or the toast. I've only heard them speak about love and heart.
37. Marilyn Monroe was underestimated and represents a little of each woman I know.
38. Changing or living for others is a HUGE waste of time.
39. Miracles happen every day.
40. Aries never want to grow up completely; Leos are controlling; Virgos think they are right about all of it.
41. Reading your daily horoscopes is hooey!
42. Speaking before thinking is considered a fault in some cultures.
     (Who knew?)



"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." - Marilyn


I look forward to discovering so much more...bring on 2012.



3 comments:

  1. This is an amazing post! Love everything and I agree. Very powerful words!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog layout and I love your list. Especially, the Virgo part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the love and support!

    ReplyDelete