Wednesday, December 28, 2011

And now we return to our regularly scheduled program...


There are a lot of ways to define Christmas and one way is getting something you didn't even know you wanted. This Christmas I received a box of hangers; didn't know I wanted them until I got them. They are the best hangers I've ever hung on. This Christmas I received a Nook; didn't even know it existed, and now I go to sleep every night with it.

What I asked for was nothing, and I got a relaxing time with friends and family, great naps, a lot of laughter, and of course my hangers and Nook.



I guess this is a lot like trying to get pregnant. When I first started out I had my names picked out, baby themes, and even went and bought outfits for both a girl and boy. I knew what I wanted and asked for it and waited as patiently as a child does on Christmas Eve, except I'm the one that ate too many cookies while waiting.


Finally, after off again, on again, it is time to start over. Tonight I get to return to my schedule of injections and for the first time my 'hormones' are on the right path. As long as the injections do their job, my uterus stays beautiful, and I stay stress free I might just get the "gift" I've been waiting by the tree for all this time.



However, if it doesn't come the way I asked for, I know now that getting what I least expected and loving it anyway seems to work out in the end no matter how it gets delivered.

No comments:

Post a Comment