Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cold Case Files: Carol Brady's First Husband

Sometimes I am embarrassed that I am 42, never married or gave birth, then I think about all the women who are single at my age or younger, who were once married, had/have kids, and still complain about their role in society. I wonder, in the social part of a man's mind, which is better, a woman who has never been married/had children or a woman who has been married a couple of times and has kids by different dads.



Is there one role that is to be carried with more pride or shame? I just assumed my position was always frowned upon and then I stopped and asked myself which is easier to explain, "No. I've never been married." OR "Well, they say the third times a charm." There really isn't a right answer to either, but it is funny how narcissistic we can be to think ours is always the worst, and people must be speaking about it.




Last week, I heard a preacher man, Bishop David Evans, say on his television program..."Why is it when someone says something negative that we take it as the gospel and spread it fast, but when someone speaks of blessings we question it and don't jump to repeat it?" This prompted me to wonder, why be embarrassed of your status, after all Carol Brady rocked it with three kids and she had a husband who disappeared without any explanation at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment