Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Mother Knows Best

I try really hard not to be a female dog (you know what I mean). I try really hard to keep my opinion to myself which has taken years of practice. I try really hard to treat people the way I would want to be treated or wouldn't mind being treated. HOWEVER, it seems like the more I work on this and the more 'punches' I take, the more attract people who want to fuss (you know what I mean) with me, so I just smile and fake it.


Do not misunderstand please. I do not under any circumstances believe or think people are out to get me or they do things on purpose because it is me. It's just a matter of fact that we, people in general, tend to focus on challenging events when we work to be a better person. Kind of like being on a diet, and you are invited to 2 baby showers, a wedding, and a birthday party all in that same week. Lots of temptation.



My mother raised me with her number one life rule being the Golden Rule. As a teenager, I got it but I was pretty much a little shitaki (you know what I mean), so I didn't always apply the Golden Rule. As I got older I realized the importance of it. HOWEVER, like many people, I'm still trying to figure out what the rule is called when people continuously make you the villain. When people apparently have nothing else to do with their time but create stories about you, lies about you, cause entire families to hurt you. What rule is that exactly? The "I'm so insecure/miserable I must make other people have drama in their life" rule.

A part of me really wants to be the female dog (you know what I mean) that has been portrayed in stories.
A part of me really wants to tell people my opinion ALL THE TIME.
A part of me really wants to fuss (you know what I mean) with people right back.

BUT the other life rule my mother taught me, 2 wrongs do not equal 1 right.

No comments:

Post a Comment