Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gardening

I love my life...not because it's perfect (absolutely not) but because I know that where ever God plants me I bloom. Every situation, even the smallest of them, is a learning lesson and I have grown from all of them, so I love my life...weeds, blooms, and all.

I love that I cry every year when it's the last day of school when I say goodbye to those hormonal aliens.

I love that my corgi is so fat and when she tries to jump on the bed and misses she moves the mattress with her body weight.

I love that life has taught me to be more patient.

I love that being clumsy has not become life threatening.

I love that my grandmother taught me how to take care of others while you are still pissed at them.

I love that my Boo Boo still lets me call him that.

I love that the most random people in my life let me know when they are thinking of me.

I love that I don't have a poker face, that I sometimes it does get me in trouble and I'm glad I never learned how to hide it...it's part of my charm.




I love that my mother still has a best friend that she can call in her happiest and darkest hours, and that I learned how precious friendships are from the two of them.

I love that I was once a home owner and that I cried every day packing to leave it, because my home meant so much to so many people.

I love knowing that no matter what the future brings I know in my heart I will be a parent, whether it is through IUI, IVF, or adoption, because I know how strong a person this life has made me and how much love I am truly capable of.

I love my life... weeds, blooms, and all.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! And you can come stay with us anytime you want to! We have an eleven year old that ditched us every other weekend. You can have her bed..but you'll have to share with Frankie because that's his bed too.

    Love you LL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a Roses and Thorns post because Lord knows I need to see the roses instead of the weeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take you up on your offer and sneak in treats for my boy, Frankie. Miss you every day!

    ReplyDelete