Sunday, February 1, 2015

Who Needs A King When You Want A Prince


Sometimes my life makes me think I am in someone else's movie.  Have you ever thought, 'Wow! This is really happening, and I'm in it." 
Last night I was working at a jewelry party, because that is my second job, and I am blessed to have a friend recommend one of their friends to have me at their house. 

Who knew that married men would show up expecting it to be a swinger's party? Not me!
I spent three and a half hours, parties normally run 2, listening to everyone speaking Spanish and having to yell over loud music that I had no comprehension of. 

The evening also included women trying to buy jewelry off of me, i.e. my body like I was at garage sale or flea market, where I too have offered money for pretty stuff but not to avoid spending $5 to avoid shipping and handling costs. After six hours of working the party and working on the invoices at home, I profited $90 dollars, disappointing yes, but it could have been worse. I could have given into temptation, taken shots of their Raspberry Vodka and jumped on a coffee table or married man and danced too. 

As I settled into bed, long after midnight I find my phone beeping to notify me of several Facebook messages, from people I do not know that well and some I do not know at all. Requesting favors that took a lot of balls, kind of like the men who showed up hoping to swap wives instead of buying jewelry for them. The other shocking message was from an attractive man, who calls himself King, no ego issues here, letting me know how proud he is of me and how pretty I am. We have never met, nor will we, although I appreciate his pride in me as well as his sincere compliments, he is not my King, but I do have a group of married men I would love to introduce him to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment