Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Thanksgiving In July


Recently it has been popular to challenge your Facebook friends to a 'Thankful Assignment', which includes listing 3 things you are thankful for each day, for a week. I decided to post mine as a blog now that I have completed the challenge.

Day 1: 
July 28th 
1. I'm thankful that I'm not the same woman I was last July...I'm thankful for her too but her chapters are complete. 
2. I'm thankful I think more with my heart than my head...it makes for a more interesting life story. 

3. I'm thankful for my family & friends who chose to walk away from me when I was diagnosed...it makes for a lot less drama and room for more authentic people.

        Day 2: 
July 29th 
        1. I am thankful for the feeling of rain on my face. 

 2. I am thankful for chubby babies & dogs...If loving you is wrong then yadda, yadda, yadda. 

 3. I'm thankful my butt is already big and should I ever become famous I will not be accused of having implants.




        Day 3: 
July 30th 
        1. I am SO thankful I can't relate to people when I hear them say they need to act their age. Ewwww...

 2. I'm thankful for Dean Martin's 'Volare.' It's a favorite pick me up.
 
3. I'm thankful that I'm that woman who sings and dances in her kitchen while cooking. 








        Day 4: July 31st 
       1. I'm thankful for my eyelashes and eyebrows. 

       2. I'm thankful for my God Momma/Aunt Linda who still calls me Lil Lisa.   God bless her. 

       3. I'm thankful for Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night. 
























 Day 5: 
August 1st 
1. I am thankful that every day (Mon-Fri) that I have written these thankful posts it has been from the waiting room (right before I go in) for my radiation treatment. It has calmed me and kept me focused on what really matters. 
2. I'm thankful for the people in my life...I love how their paths lead me to my better path. 

3. I'm thankful for my story...it's a funny one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment