Thursday, June 20, 2013

Thumbs Up. Thumbs Down.


This is my review of various movies. These movies are not all current, but since I can not sit still for most movies in the theatre, "DVRing" and getting to move around at home is what I do. I am also dedicating this blog to my Aunt Linda since she is an avid movie goer, and I have no idea if she will agree with me on my reviews, but I know she will certainly enjoy this blog.


1. Water for Elephants - Loved it. Loved it. Loved it. I have heard Robert Patrick is gorgeous and he certainly is, especially with color in his face.
No Elephants Were Hurt



2. Seven Pounds - Uhhhhh no. Although the message from the movie is certainly pertinent, and a little eery how 'before it's time it is',because lets face it texting was pretty new by the time this script was written, it was a bit too dark for me to take.


3. My Week With Marilyn - I love my Marilyn so seeing another sad portrayal of her just made my heart heavy (and this is why I didn't want to see it in public.) I do appreciate it showing how, I don't want to say controlled, but manipulated she was by others as well as a manipulator herself. I still think my girl, Marilyn, is the epitome of all women wrapped up into one.


The eyes say it all


4. Silence of the Lambs - Of course I have seen this movie, in fact as a young 22 woman, I have seen it several times, but 22 years later I have a different perspective on this film. In a sense I believe it was almost a warning for us as a generation to prepare ourselves for just how vulgar and violent humans can be and how popular it would eventually become.

5. Real Steel - Really Sucked. 
Dirty Hot Nerd Look Is Sooooo In


6. Basic Instinct - Well of course I have seen this movie and several times, but again I was in my early 20's and experience and perspective can change everything. The first item I want to say is, I sure do miss a good old fashion mystery/suspense like this one without all the gross and graphic violence of today. The second item is the way Sharon Stone is so aggressive and forward probably wouldn't phase most men now-a-days.


7. Magic Mike - Hmmmm... oh you know just another "hot" straight male stripper with rhythm, a conscience, and a need for a deep conversation...aren't there enough in the world... Sorry folks this movie sucked...blame it on my upbringing but there's just something not right about straight men stripping.


Sometimes clothes are just sexier


8.  Django - In the first five minutes I wasn't sure if I was meant to laugh or throw up, so I giggled and had dry heaves.

9. People Like Us - Uhhhhhh no. I have my own family with their own secrets and drama I don't need to watch another one. 


"See you next time at the movies."



No comments:

Post a Comment