Friday, June 7, 2013

10 Signs That You Did Your Best At Being A Teacher

10. If 3/4 of your goodbye notes and signatures from students begin with, "Momma"...



Kanye West, "Hey Mama"


 9.  If a student's mother emails you thanking you for being her child's "other mother that wasn't the stupid one..."



 8.  If a student's mother texts you thanking you for helping raise her "son to be a better man..."



Tupac, "Dear Mama"



7.  If one of your 6th graders you had to kick out of your program continues on as a 7th and 8th grader and always sings 'Dear Mama' by Tupac, when he sees you, "checks" on you, and must hug you 3 times before he can leave middle school on the last day crying and thanking you for believing in him when others gave up...



 6.  If your biggest pain in the butt for 3 years  walks up to you at the end of the 8th grade dance, with big tears in his eyes, and says, "I can't believe I have to say bye to you. It went by too fast..."



 5.  If one of your girls tells you, "I will find you a man and he will deserve you..."
The Judds, "Mama He's Crazy"









4.  If your quietest student thanks you for giving her a voice...




3.  If every 13-15 year old who says goodbye to you also says, "Thank you for being real with me and letting me be me..."

Sammy Davis Jr., "I've Gotta Be Me"


 2.  If your air conditioner in your T-Building breaks and it is 82 degrees in your classroom, and the kids keep coming in to spend the last day with you even though they are sweating their butts off...



 1.  If the first thing you say on the last day of school to a fellow teacher is, "God I can't wait until we can start drinking tonight..."
Joe Nichols, "Tequila Makes her Clothes Fall Off"


...Then You Did Your Best At Being A Teacher This Year!

Happy Summer Time Everybody!

2 comments:

  1. With a few clicks, I happened upon your blog and I love it! #thatisall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super! Thank you. How do I follow you?

    ReplyDelete