Saturday, May 11, 2013

Just The 3 Of Us


                                                      Dedicated To My Mother and Grandmother


My strength. 



Happy Mothers Day...

...To the woman who was determined enough to walk away from misery into a life of raising me alone and still having her own career.

...To the woman strong enough to tell me "No".

1 of us is always making a goofy face.
...To the woman just soft enough to spoil me.        



...To the woman tired enough to sleep through my high school parties (Thank ya Lord!).


...To the woman smart enough to teach me to see and treat all people the same. 


...To the woman who is twisted (just enough) to allow me to call her Mommie Dearest ever since the Joan Crawford "No More Wire Hangers!" era arrived. 


See, what I tell ya?

If I have ever loved you, forgiven you, or taught you how to treat others better, then you should tell Mommie Dearest, 
Happy Mother's Day too. 






Where I come from.
Mom,

I have a soft spot for...

... old people.         

 ... babies. 

 ... gray hair

... red lipstick

... shoe shopping

... cooking with fat

... fishing

... dancing
Mom was a cancer survivor for several years & was able to make it to my Teacher of the Year dinner. 

... an occasional cigarette

... speaking my mind

... not being worried about what others think about me

... saying my favorite curse word, sh**

and it's all because of you! 

I miss you, Mom! 

Happy Mother's Day!



My last birthday "celebration" with Mom...PS - She would call me by my first & middle name for posting this picture. 








No comments:

Post a Comment