Monday, July 2, 2012

Have An Open Mind, Will Travel

For a person of little means I have had the great pleasure of traveling and experiencing some extraordinary things, not typical, but extraordinary and certainly special. I thought it would be appropriate to write about them during summer time. The following are most of my unique experiences I have had in my travels thus far...and yes they really did happen.

1. I have checked into a motel under the name of Carol and Mike Brady in Mexico. (The motel pretended like we had reservations too.)
2. I have slept on the floor of an airport in Mexico.
3. I have had champagne served to me while floating off the coast of a nude beach in St. Marteen by a man wearing a bow tie, while I floated in the clear waters.
4. I have had the worst tasting pizza in Kentucky, the best tasting pizza in Philadelphia, the best Sushi in Puerto Rico, the best sweet tea and fried chicken in Munford, Tenn, and the worst tasting mexican food in Cancun.
5. I have gone Moose hunting (okay stalking) with night vision goggles in Alaska at 2 am.

That's Not Me.


6. I have walked the bottom of the ocean in St. Thomas with eels swimming around me.
7. I have had two manatees swim between my legs.
8. I have been 3 feet from a family of brown bears eating breakfast while sitting in the middle of their water in Alaska.
9. I have been stuck and hung off the side of a seaplane while about to take off in Alaska.
10. I have had my picture taken with Cinderella.

That's not me.



11. I have slept at the same hotel Ronald Regan was shot at in Washington D.C.
12. I have been 'towed off' the Frio River via inter tubes with two others.
13. I have gone bear hunting (okay stalking a baby bear) on a golf cart on the Kenai River.
14. I have caught my first salmon on the Kenai River and cleaned my fish at midnight by the sun.
15. I have gone clam digging on the beaches of Alaska and returned to camp to make home made clam chowder.

That's not me.



16. I have seen David Copperfield in Las Vegas.
17. I have stood in front of the Belagio water show waiting for George Clooney to show up.
18. I have prayed with a friend in New Orleans in their oldest church.
19. I have stopped a fight between 1 of my best friends and a prom queen, on prom night, over a janitor at Krystal Burgers in New Orleans off Bourbon Street.
20. I have visited Graceland over 10 times and the last time I was there I corrected the tour guide over the last song Elvis ever sang.




No pics of me on this street available...for a reason.


21. I have been with my uncle when he innocently said to a sales clerk in Disney World, "I have a Buzz, but I really need to get a Woody." (I turned around and walked out. I had not seen Toy Story yet.)
22. I have ridden Space Mountain at midnight on Christmas Morning.
23. I have sung to every Crystal Gayle song with two others on the way to Coushatta.
24. I have swum with a million Tinkerbells in Puerto Rico. This is not an exaggeration, but I just don't remember the scientific name of what I really swam with.
25. I have been to Alcatraz, listened to Santana while driving through the Redwoods, and ate nothing but garlic for dinner in San Francisco.


Nope, not me either.


26. I found my mother's best friend's name on the Vietnam Wall in D.C. and sketched it.
27. I have fed an iguana the rest of my breakfast in Puerto Rico.
28. I saw and played in snow for the first time in Canada at the age of 36.
29. I found my family's name on the Ellis Island wall.
30. I have walked in a court room and sat in on a murder trial in Calgary, Canada just for fun and by accident.

That's not me either.

I know some people have done and travelled farther and to more exotic places, but was it as interesting as my list?


No comments:

Post a Comment