Friday, May 4, 2012

Man or Myth

Recently I have been exposed to a lot of father/child relationships for various reasons. Maybe because I am on the path of being a foster/adoptive mother, so God/The Universe/Higher Power has decided I need to see more of the role of a man in a child's life and someday use these observations to make me a better parent. Or maybe I'm just reading into it too much...either way I have decided to define what a man is in my own words.

According to Webster's Dictionary a man is "an individual human belonging to a particular category."

My definition of a man is something like this...
... one who is considered the Sexiest Man Alive (twice) but worries if the dog he wants to adopt will like him




... one who talks about himself to be open and share not because he wants to be the center/topic of all conversations



...one who realizes his karma, shakes his head, and accepts it
... one who is amused by his daughter and doesn't try to make her something he would have dated
...one who is amused by his son and doesn't try to make a duplicate of himself but rather a better version of himself

...one who builds up the people around him with unconditional love, praise, and sincerity





...one who makes time to teach life lessons to others besides his own children.



OR maybe Salt N Pepa had it right all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment