Friday, October 14, 2016

Hi Y'all…Works Here Too

Apparently when you move to a new city you do things you would never do in your hometown.

In Houston, I'm pretty sure I NEVER drove the speed limit.
In Greensboro, it just seems like the polite thing to do…at least 50% of the time.

In Houston, going to the farmer's market was a twice a year event and usually we had to pack some heat.
In Greensboro, it just seems to be the Saturday norm.

In Houston, I left my backdoor open because I burned dinner and had to let the smoke out of the house.
In Greensboro, it just seems like a lovely way to experience fresh air.

In Houston, driving home at 5:45 would cause high blood pressure, cold sweat, and extreme cursing.
In Greensboro, it just seems like a great opportunity to sing along with the radio and maybe stop to take a picture of sunflowers.

In Houston, I would drive a little longer because the radio and song choices were so amazing.
In Greensboro, it just seems like no one has ever heard of any decent hip hop or rap artists.

In Houston, we could drive a quarter of a mile and experience some of the best restaurants in YOUR LIFE.
In Greensboro, it just seems like cooking at home is more appropriate.

In Houston, I am loved.

In Greensboro, it just seems like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment