Sunday, August 26, 2012

Twas The Night Before School


Twas the night before school when all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a facebook account.
The bathing suits were hung in the shower with care; In hopes that summer would soon be here.


The teachers were nestled all snug in their bed, while visions of classes well managed danced in their heads.
When out on the lawn there rose such a clatter, I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the shutters and threw to the side the sash.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a Harley with Jax from "Sons of Anarchy".

I forgot what I was saying...

He was dressed in leather and denim, from his head to his brass knuckles.

He was sun tanned and tight, a right jolly young biker. I felt like I wanted to be a hitch hiker.
And I giggled when I saw him, in spite of myself!
A wink of his eye and a smirk on his face, soon let me know I belonged no other place.

He sprang in my dreams, gave me a smile to remember, and then away he flew like he had to be out by September.

As he revved his Harley and disappeared slowly out of sight, he yelled, "Happy School Year To All and To All Have A Hell Of A Night."




No comments:

Post a Comment